Wblock command in AutoCAD – Save an object of drawing
Wblock command in autocad (w command in cad): It is the command to save a block or an object of existing drawing as a new drawing file. Block is saved as file located in existing drawing.
Drawing file created by Wblock command can insert to other drawing file. Below is the way to use Wblock command in autocad:
- Command: Wblock
- Shortcut command: W
- Menu: File\export…
If you want to insert a block or an object of existing drawing file (for example Block GHE on file TABLE.DWG) into other drawing (for example ROOM.DWG) you do as below:
- Firstly, at drawing TABLE.DWG you use Wblock command to save block GHE of this drawing as one file (for example CHAIR.DWG)
- Then, at drawing ROOM.DWG you carry out Insert command to insert the created file (CHAIR.DWG).
Note: In AutoCAD 2007, you can use AutoCAD Design Center to bring block of any drawing file to existing drawing.
Command: Wblock ↵
Dialog box Write block appears:
- Create file from available block:
→ At section Source you press block.
→ Enter the name of file in editing box File name, please take a note to the leader line (editing box Location ) and unit (editing box Insert units)
⇒ Then choose block which needs to save as file at the list pulling down in section Source.
⇒ Press OK.
- Create file from an object of drawing
– At area source you choose Objects.
– Enter name of file in editing box File name.
– Choose standard point inserting the object (Objects) similar to dialog box Block Definition.
- Save all objects of existing drawing as a file
– At area Source you choose Entire drawing. Enter name of file in editing box File name and choose OK.
– To save objects or block as drawing file you can use Export command (list pulling down File, section Export…). Dialog box Export appears and you choose Block (*.dwg) at the list pulling down Save as type.
Thanks for reading!!!
You can see more useful writings about CAD… here