Good skills to correct errors of CAD file
8 good skills to correct errors of CAD file
One of the nightmares for ACAD users is the notice: “Unable to load this drawing file because it contains inrrect or corrupted information”. It means file contains error and cannot be opened because of virus, power out while drawing… For big constructions, value of drawing is not small. The most effective way to prevent these losses is that you must usually make the backup of date. Before restoring a drawing, you make a backup of error drawing, because in the process of restoring, it can cause variation of original drawing.
1. Recheck backup file:
– In general, when you save an AUTOCAD drawing, as default, a backup of that file will be saved as files *.BAK (Tool>Options>Open and save> Create backup copy with each save). If checking mark has not been selected, you mark at that box. The first step of restoring process is that you find file *.BAK corresponding to error file then rename to *.dwg (For example: error file is Spkt.dwg, there will have a backup file Spkt.bak). Then you try opening, we assure this manipulation is effective for the problems of power out.
2. Use Recover command:
– (File>Drawing Untilities>Recover) , this command allows you to restore almost content of source file. After typing the command, you lead the path to error file and wait for program running. After finishing, it will inform you how many errors are found and how many ones are corrected. In general, this manipulation will remove about 60% of common errors.
When the above step is successful, you go to step 3:
3. Use AUDIT command and PURGE command:
– Type AUDIT command (File>Drawing Untilities>Audit). The program will ask “Fix any errors detected? [Yes/No] <N>”: You select Y the press enter, ACAD will continue to scan drawing and correct errors that RECOVER command cannot correct and you carry out this manipulation until ACAD does not find out errors any more. To be sure, you use PURGE command (File>Drawing Untilities>Purge) to delete unused references out of drawing (block, layer, xref…) because sometimes these references can also cause errors.
4. Use INSERT command:
– Sometimes you can use INSERT command to restore drawing, here we consider error file as a BLOCK to insert into other drawing. Restart ACAD to create a new drawing, type ddinsert command (Draw > Insert > Block) then delete all parameters in the appeared dialog box and mark at Explode section then press OK. CAD will try inserting and exploding the error file at current drawing. If it is successful, you redo step 3.
5. Use Partial OPEN :
– This method guarantees with higher rate of success but % rate of drawing is restored lower. As you know, ACAD divides drawing into layers to manage and manipulate easily. When file has error and cannot be opened, it is often because of some broken layers. ACAD allows you to open each separate layer by Partialopen command (File>Open>Partial Open). If it is successful, the following window will appear. Please note that the right frame will display layers in your drawing, you mark one by one each layer then Open, carry out again step 3 then Save as another drawing, then unite them into one. Therefore, you can remove error of layer.
6. WBLOCK to extract drawing to block:
– If after you carry out partial Open command or RECOVER command, AUDIT command is still not effective. Please do: Select all layers in drawing at regime: ON, THAWED, and UNLOCKED so that it can effect on all Layers. Then type WBLOCK and you select object to extract and name for block then press OK. Close current File (not SAVE) then reopen block. We carried out this manipulation many times effectively.
7. Change to DXF file:
– Got to CAD, open error file then press OK but once press ESC to cancel the first regeneration of drawing. If you can open, the notice will appear “You may want to practice this process with an undamaged file to get a sense of how to do this”. Next, you type DXFOUT command then fill File name and press OK and wait for a moment. Then you restart CAD to create new file, type DFXIN command to reopen the created DFX file. If it is successful, you save that file as DWG because each DXF File is a translation of DWF File to ASCII code. If it is not successful, you use Notepad to open DXF file and search anomalous codes. You edit then save and reopen to check. This is very new method which we have not yet had time to research. Please feel free to contact us if you have further information!
8. The last:
– After carrying out all above methods without overcoming the problem, please try running SCANDISK. A drawing which is copied to floppy disk or hard disk can lie on error Sectors, SCANDISK will scan surface of disk and correct those error sectors. It rarely happens to hard disk but sometimes with floppy disk.
Above are 8 good skills to correct errors of CAD file.
Thank you for reading our writing!
You can see more useful writings about CAD… here